Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: EWS64 XL in w2k, dual cpu:s

  1. #1
    Inactive Member KeX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Argh! frown

    Still, after all this time, I can't get it to work. I've done it the way it says in the readme, and I've done it in every other way, but there is still no synth/codec activity.
    I'm beginning to wonder if this is a dual-cpu issue, but I haven't been able to verify that.

    So,
    anyone else with a dual-cpu system that got the 1.8 drivers running in w2k? If so, how the h*ll did you do it?

    It works fine in 98, 98SE, ME and NT4, but the 2k drivers just doesn't work....

    best regards,
    Bj?rn

  2. #2
    Inactive Member philippz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2000
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello,

    I also had the ews 64 running on a dual cpu system for some time and it never really worked with win 2K. But with my single CPU system, it still doesn?t work with Win2K...

    Philipp

  3. #3
    Inactive Member KeX3's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 9th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Damn again frown

    Imagine my happiness when I finally got the codec working by updating the dig.ctrl. driver to the Crystal WDM one (without uninstalling the EWS dig.ctrl. first).. Whee! Sound in w2k..
    Imagine the disaster when it didn't work after a reboot, and hasn't worked since.

    SIGH!

    /Bj?rn

  4. #4
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hm, with old drivers I had no problems... nowadays I don't use W2K (due lack of second processor), but I should get it "soon".

    What I'm saying is that I had working system with W2K, and I'm planning to get one again so PLZ wait for awhile... It should be up & running in end of this week.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.
    Nowadays as father of baby boy!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Xafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2001
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I don't think it's a dual cpu issue, because I have just installed Win2k yesterday and I have the very same problem frown And I'm NOT happy with it !!!

    What ever I do it won't work, everything is there, there is nothing that can't be installed but the driver just won't load !

    I need a solution quick, anyone ?

    I'll keep trying to solve it, if I get some news I'll post it here !

    Update:

    Hi ! I got it working !! smile I'm not sure how to explain. Euh.. well I used the WinNT 4 drivers and changed some settings reboot and tada..... sound smileIt has something to do with i/o range settings, tomorrow I'll try Win2k drivers with same i/o setting of NT 4 drivers.

    Oh after reboot my codec was disabled, I used Win2k drivers for it. All seems to work fine now smile and now I'm happy again !



    [This message has been edited by Xafer (edited January 17, 2001).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •